Tuesday, May 14, 2013

New Freebie

Wanted to share a new freebie pattern with you all. A friend and I were talking about those cute lil prim dresses and although I have several patterns for them (from other artists) I wanted something a little fresh and different. I also wanted something quick n easy to make, lol! But the size was also important....I wanted what "I" considered the perfect size. So I got my pencils and paper out and went to work on the pattern. First I wanted something that would fit into a 12" square, so I measured and made the box. Next I drew the style of an old "A-Line" dress. Remember those? They were so simple, quick, n easy. I opted for short sleeves and added a little neckline for it. The result was a very basic and simple dress, which was perfect for my purposes. This pattern could easily be altered to have long sleeves and/or add length to the dress to make it into a christening or baby gown. It could also be sleeveless if desired. I hope you like the simplicity of this and will have fun playing around with the basic pattern. I've sewn several of these today in different prints and they all look adorable! They have been stained and are hanging on the line. Once dry I'll use different types embellishments to see what I like on them. I'll quit chattering and get on with the pattern. Here's a pic of my first finished dress, and you can get the pattern in my share box on the right side menu...(lpd.pdf)



Please remember to always print my patterns full page size. This dress pattern measured 10" wide by 11-3/4" long, but after staining and drying it's finished size is 9-3/4" wide by 11-1/2" long. Because of it's small size you can display it almost anywhere. I'll be sharing pics of the other dresses as I get them finished plus some other goodies I'm making. Till next time, have fun crafting!
Warm prim hugs, Libs 












4 comments:

  1. Hi Libby,
    Adorable dress pattern - always so generous.
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This little dress is adorably cute. TFS.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies, glad you like it.
    Jackie I LOVE ur blog! You do wonderful work!
    Hugs Libs

    ReplyDelete