Monday, February 15, 2010

My First Mob (Nighty) Cap!

I hope everyone enjoyed your Valentine's Day and didn't eat too many chocolates, LOL! All I wanted was a nice dinner which I got, YUM! I also was busy making my first mob (nighty) cap. Unlike the others I've seen I made mine with doubled muslin and think it worked out pretty good for a first try. I love these cute caps and the history behind them. Mine turned out to be a child size cap and will make larger ones later.














  
I wanted to make one for some time but never got around to it till hubs made me a cute wall shelf, the taper stand - which you've seen, and a stove board. The wall shelf has a cute rusty wire going across the front top and some rusty square head nails for hangers on the bottom. I'll post pics once it's painted. I'm wanting to hang my mob cap, rug beater, and some other goodies on it. And speaking of those old rug beaters, look what I found while going through my stash of goodies, lol!

Hen

















Apple

















Sheep

















And Barn

















Isn't it amazing what we can find while cleaning/clearing out our crafting supplies, LOL! And it's truly hard to say what I'll discover when going through the storage building. I've probably stuck back lots of treasures, hidden, and waiting to be found. I think we all see things we love, get them, then put in storage for a later purpose/creation. Within a year's time when we return to clear things out, seems we find those special items we just had to have. I don't know about you, but to me it's like finding a golden egg, LOL! (Okay, maybe that's just a senior moment on my part?) But have you found any forgotten treasures lately?

Hugs to all, Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment