Monday, January 11, 2010

Finally Checking In Again, LOL!

Sorry everyone but my grand babies went back home yesterday. Daughter got moved into a nice place and I'm sure they're tickled pink with their new rooms and all! They're such little sweethearts but after having them about 3 weeks, hubs and I really needed the break, LOL!

I have a folder of more crafting tuts I'm working on changing to PDF files and going to add to the Tutorials when possible. But until I get those done/listed I wanted to let you know that Colleen from Harvest House Primitives - blog has posted some new freebie Valentine's Day graphics on her blog so be sure to go grab them! I'm going to have lots of fun with those and just love them all! Besides making more graphic sheets with them I was thinking they would look great printed on fabric for a nice Valentine's Day table setting of place mats, napkins, and runner! Then maybe grab an old basket type bowl to make a centerpiece with adding heart ornies, sweet annie, and such. Maybe print out a mixed graphic sheet on muslin squares and piece together to make some cute raggedy prim V-Day curtains for the kitchen? Then there's cute hot pads and kitchen towels that could be made for that too! And last but not least, don't forget the crocheted, braided, or sewn rag rugs! Plus you can always Mod Podge them on your prim tags for the ornies, make-do's, and other items you're making for Valentine's Day. Also decoupage them on cute V-Day shelves, jars, boxes......and the list goes on! Well I hope everyone has their thinking caps on today and are getting lots of great ideas for new V-Day items to make. As always.....have fun crafting!

Warm prim hugs to all, Libby

Update: Colleen also told me she had more V-Day graphics on her website, so be sure to get those also! Thanks so much Colleen, we truly appreciate your sharing heart!
Harvest House Primitives

7 comments:

  1. Libby, You sound like you are a wonderful grandmother, but I have to say you DON'T look like one. I am happy your daughter found a nice place. I hope you and your Hubby have some quite time together!!!!! I sure do love your blog and thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog. It meant alot!!

    Blessings friend,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ♥ aLL your backgrounds you posted! Thanks for commenting on my post and visiting me! hugs! niki in az

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was my pleasure girls, I love looking and reading others blogs too! Hope to spend lots more time doing that this year. Thanks for your comments too, I love reading them.

    Hugs, Libby

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Libby ! What a GREAT blog ! Thanks so much for sharing all of your tutorials ....especially the "Make your own PDF Files" tutorial .... I have been trying to figure that out for at least the past 2 years !!!! Can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Mary for your comment, and I too had the same problem. If you need any help let me know.

    Hugs, Libby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Libby, I love the updated blog background, looks awesome as always. I want to try printing on muslin should I pre wash my fabric first? Still kind of got cold feet about the process but I'm sure the outcome will be lovely!!! Have a great day, talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Colleen! In that lady's tut she doesn't specify prewashing the fabric, only to use a 200 thread count or better fabric for better print results. I myself would think that prewashing would also improve the print results? I haven't tried just plain unwashed muslin, I always work with pre-stained muslin on 98% of my projects. In her tut pics it doesn't look like it's prewashed. Maybe someone else can give us some input on that as I'd like to know too. Good question and smart thinking girl!

    ReplyDelete